2014年3月2日

My Daily Practice

-->
Dear IBS

First of all I want to thank you for visiting us here at CCI and giving us those great teachings.  I also want to thank you for all you are doing for Buddhism.  You asked me to tell you all the prayers I do in a day so here they are:

The Increasing Effect Mantra, The Mala Blessing Mantra, Mantra for Blessing the Feet, Blessing the Speech, Dependent Related Heart Mantra, Request for the Lama, Taking the Eight Precepts Preliminary Prayers, Refuge, Generating Bodhichitta, Purifying the Place, Offering Prayer, Offering Cloud Mantra, The Power of Truth, Invocation, Mantra and Praise with Prostrations, Seven Limb Prayer, Short Mandala Offering, Inner Mandala Offering, Prayer for Taking Precepts.  But when I do the Precepts Prayer, I only say the first five.  And that is it for my morning prayers after I do that I have been doing 108 prostrations.  I did not have time for 500.  And then around dinner time I do, daily prayers, prostrations to the Seven Medicine Buddha’s, General Confession, and then I recite the Heart of the Perfection of Wisdom Sutra.  And the before bed I do, Taking Refuge in the Three Jewels Prayers.  I recite the Three Principles of the Path by Lama Tsong Khapa, and then I do, Vajrasattva Purification and recite the mantra 108 times.

I also do meditation 1, 2 or 3 times a day but mostly just 2 times.  Right now I’m reading, Essentials of Mahamudra, by Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche.  I’m also reading in the Buddha’s words ____ from the Pali Canon, again.  After I read those I’m going to read, Essential Mind Training, which is a number of Tibetan Mind training classics such as Boddhisattvas Jewel Garland, by Atisa, Seven-point Mind Training and a great number of others, and after that I’m going to re-read, Liberation in the Palm of your Hand, a Lam-Rim by Pabongaka Rinpoche.  Is there any books that you could recommend to me and where to get them?  You asked me how long I have been practicing Buddhism, well I have been interested in it my whole life when I was very young and I saw a movie on Tibet.  I was drawn towards it, but sadly nothing came of it.  While I was growing up I suffered from depression and always felt like there was always something missing from my life, so I started acting out getting high on weed, beer, stealing, having sex.  I still feel like something was missing so I started to think something was wrong with me.  While in jail fighting my case, I asked my Mom to get me a Buddhist book and when I got it I was like wow!!! This is what I have been missing all along.  I wish I would have gotten into it much earlier in my life but that was my Karma.  We4ll I hope to hear from you soon.

With love and respect

Taylour Jordan



P/s – My dad, Patrick is in the ICU, please say a prayer for him.